Broadcom's APDS-9005 is a low-cost analog output ambient light photosensor in a miniature ChipLED lead-free surface mount package. It consists of a photosensor whose spectral response is close to the CIE standard photopic observer. It is ideal for applications in which the measurement of ambient light is used to control display backlighting.
- Spectral responsivity close to that of the human eye
- Miniature ChipLED lead-free surface mount package of 0.55 mm x 1.60 mm x 1.50 mm (H x W x D)
- Low sensitivity variation across various light sources
- Recommended temperature performance from -40°C to +85°C
- VCC supply from 1.8 V to 5.5 V
- Lead-free package, RoHS compliant
- Output linearity across a wide illumination range
- Detection of ambient light to control display backlighting
- Mobile devices: mobile phones, PDAs, etc.
- Computing devices: notebooks, webpads, etc.
- Consumer devices: TVs, video cameras, digital still cameras, etc.
- Automatic residential and commercial lighting management
- Electronic signs and signals