STMicroelectronics' ST25R95 is an integrated transceiver IC for contactless applications. The ST25R95 manages frame coding and decoding in reader and card emulation modes for standard applications such as NFC, proximity, and vicinity standards.
The ST25R95 supports ISO/IEC 14443 Type A communication in reader and card emulation modes, and ISO/IEC 14443 Type B, ISO/IEC15693, and FeliCa™ in reader mode. The ST25R95 embeds an analog front end to provide the 13.56 MHz air interface.
The ST25R95 also supports the detection, reading, and writing of NFC Forum Type 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 tags, and a serial peripheral interface (SPI) to communicate with the host controller.
Features and Benefits
- Operating modes supported
- Card emulation (ISO/IEC 14443-3 Type A)
- Hardware features
- Dedicated internal frame controller
- Highly integrated analog front end (AFE) for RF communications
- Transmission and reception modes
- Optimized power management
- Tag detection mode
- Field detection mode
- 32-lead, 5 mm x 5 mm, very thin fine pitch quad flat (VFQFPN) ECOPACK®2 package
- RF communication at 13.56 MHz
- NFC-A / ISO14443A reader mode
- NFC-B / ISO14443B reader mode
- NFC-F / FeliCa reader mode
- NFC-V / ISO15693 reader mode
- NFC-A / ISO14443A card emulation
- MIFARE® Classic compatible
- Communication interfaces with a host controller
- SPI slave interface up to 2 Mbps
- Up to 528 byte command/reception buffer (FIFO) depending on communication protocol